Teaching at Harvard University Extension School
Jen is a Lecturer in Digital Media Design at Harvard University Extension School. She teaches at least five classes per year. Those courses currently include:
- DGMD E-20, Modern and Mobile Front-End Web Design 1, fall term, wholly online
- DGMD E-27, Modern and Mobile Front-End Web Design 2, spring term, wholly online
- DGMD E-23, Website Planning and Design, January term, in-person only; spring term, wholly online
- DGMD E-599, Capstone Design Studio, fall term, online with a hybrid weekend
- JOUR E-169, Designing Stories for the Web, spring term, webinar with a hybrid weekend. Taught with Martha Nichols.
Jen also advises students in the digital media program, collaborates with other faculty members, reviews capstone proposals, and more. Please visit her Harvard Scholar website to learn more.
Fall 2015 Capstone
In Fall 2015, Jen taught her first capstone course for Harvard Extension. Her student Anthony Sylvester created a video about the final hybrid weekend, in which the students met each other in person for the first time and presented their projects to the public and to each other.